Sunday, July 22, 2012

Googling


Today while I was busy googling at my grandson on Skype…and I do mean googling in the old-fashioned sense, i.e. making goofy gramma sounds with a silly face...saying nonsensical things in a high-pitched happy voice. You know…googling.

This is not to be confused with the ever-popular Internet search engine Google. That would be googling as in, “she spent the afternoon online googling aimlessly.” One cannot Google at someone…unless, I suppose, you’re having some sort of Google-off to see who can find the definition of “lunatic” or the location of the nearest mental health clinic the fastest. Though I can’t imagine why you’d need information like that…

But there are such things as googly eyes. Really! I googled it.

According to Wikipedia googly eyes (or jiggly eyes) are small plastic craft supplies used to imitate eyeballs. While another site lists the adjective googly-eyed as “having eyes that stick out ▪ a googly-eyed monster ▪ a googly-eyed frog or having eyes that are very open or staring because of amazement, admiration, etc. ▪ googly-eyed lovers ▪ googly-eyed fans.“ So I suppose one could be googly-eyed on Google…

…But where was I even going with this?

Oh yes...today while I was busy googling at my grandson on Skype, my eyes likely a bit bugged out in true amazement and admiration at his obvious adorableness (though they were decidedly my eyes and not the glued on plastic kind), my husband looked at me, started laughing, and - apparently imagining some hypothetical injury - randomly interjected,  

“What happened to you Ty?”
“Oh, Bernadette lost her marbles and I slipped on one.”


Once again, Ty for the win.

Anyone find that mental health number yet? 

2 comments:

  1. So glad I stopped by today, Bernadette!
    Laughter is my favorite sound ... and a goofy smile on my face is the beginnings of laughter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Beth! Goofy smiles are always welcome!

      Delete

This is going to be a lot more fun if you share your comments...even if they're just "rolling my eyes" or "you're ridiculous." So go for it...and check back for a reply. Thanks a latte!